"Both abundance and lack of abundance exist simultaneously in our lives as parallel realities. It is our conscious choice which secret garden we will tend...when we choose not to focus on what is missing from our lives but are grateful for the abundance that's present- love, health, family, friends, work, joys of nature, and personal pursuits that bring us happiness- the wasteland of illusion falls away and we experience heaven on earth."


May 12, 2008

Time to Lock the Makeup Drawer

I have learned since Halle came into our lives to at least get the camera before I freak out about something she's done. That way I can at least have a laugh about it later. To Halle's credit, she did get mascara on her eyelashes. To Revlon's credit, the colorstay lipstick is not coming off.
As a side story about mascara, she asked me the other day what I was doing. I told her I was putting mascara on my eyelashes. As I leaned toward the mirror to see my eyes better, she said "Careful Mom, you're scaring the eyelashes."