"Both abundance and lack of abundance exist simultaneously in our lives as parallel realities. It is our conscious choice which secret garden we will tend...when we choose not to focus on what is missing from our lives but are grateful for the abundance that's present- love, health, family, friends, work, joys of nature, and personal pursuits that bring us happiness- the wasteland of illusion falls away and we experience heaven on earth."


Nov 25, 2008

Halle received this pink cowboy hat from Grandma a couple of months ago, and since then she has been obsessed with riding her horse back and forth across the house shouting "eeehaw." I thought by now she would have moved on to something new, but it still entertains her. She has now taken to giving her puppy and baby doll rides, so she had to pose with both of them for a picture.

The most amusing part about this is she's going to fit right in here in our small country town despite our best efforts.

Our next story is about this mysterious red flower. I have this small flower arrangement sitting in Halle's room that I made a very long time ago. It just went there becase I didn't have any other place for it. But when I was making a new floral arrangement, I gave her one of the red flowers to play with. She firmly believed that it belonged in the flower arrangement in her room and promptly took it there.

After about a week, I took it out and tossed it in her top drawer with some other random stuff and forgot about it. However, I have done that about five times now and somehow that flower still ends up back in this pot. So I suppose if that's where it goes, I should just leave it there.