"Both abundance and lack of abundance exist simultaneously in our lives as parallel realities. It is our conscious choice which secret garden we will tend...when we choose not to focus on what is missing from our lives but are grateful for the abundance that's present- love, health, family, friends, work, joys of nature, and personal pursuits that bring us happiness- the wasteland of illusion falls away and we experience heaven on earth."


Jan 29, 2009

More Snow and Help for Dinner

We got more snow the other day, so Halle and I went out to shovel the driveway. Then our angel neighbor came by with her snow blower and helped us out. Thank heavens because my other helper wasn't very much help. In fact, she told Neal when he got home, "I don't know why I can't get the snow into the piles." There you have it. Pure honesty.
We also like to get her picture in front of the mailbox as sort of a mile marker in the winter. When we moved in last winter, our mailbox was just a hole in the snow bank for several weeks. Fortunately, we have not broken that record this year. She was pretty excited when she found out she was "tall" enough to check the mail now though. I sense a bit of disappointment ahead after the snow melts.
And after a long hard days work, it's always nice to have someone offer to cook dinner for you. Halle took it upon herself tonight to get things going. By the time I found her, we were having all sorts of condiments with a tomato and some cheese.
She was so excited to start creating something wonderful, but I had to let her taste the Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice. She wouldn't let me put them away until she determined for herself that we did not in fact want those for dinner.