"Both abundance and lack of abundance exist simultaneously in our lives as parallel realities. It is our conscious choice which secret garden we will tend...when we choose not to focus on what is missing from our lives but are grateful for the abundance that's present- love, health, family, friends, work, joys of nature, and personal pursuits that bring us happiness- the wasteland of illusion falls away and we experience heaven on earth."


Mar 8, 2010

100 years ago in the jungle . . .and other stuff

I finally decided to download a few pictures from my phone. They never turn out great because my phone doesn't do well with moving subjects. But Halle had such an interesting story to tell today that I had to share.

I got home from work today and she was dressed up playing princess when she came to me holding her baby. She told me (in her matter of fact way) that her baby was crying because "she hit her head when she fell down 100 years ago when we found her in the jungle, so now she can't go to the dance."

Her eyes were closed when I took the picture, but I was making dinner and she ran off anyway so there was no chance for a second take. But you get the point.

She was also invited to her first "friend" birthday party a couple of weeks ago. Sorry Aedin, you're more like family. Anyway, she was soooo excited because they got to go to the "bouncy place." She needed a few of her peers to show her how it was done but she finally got into it.
She even loved the really really tall slide (this isn't it by the way). But Neal had to help her climb up each time, so she was pretty sad when he called it quits because it was so awkward and exhausting for him to get her to the top.
And last was a picture of one of Neal's church basketball games. Halle faithfully cheered him on, which he loved. Most of the games were too late for me to take her to, but this one happened to be earlier in the evening. I unfortunately didn't get the shot of him in tip off (you know, the moving subjects problem on my phone). But he always gets it. I can't imagine his height and long arms have anything to do with it :-) . Anyway, he did great, and we are always glad he didn't come home with any injuries this season despite our great insurance.