"Both abundance and lack of abundance exist simultaneously in our lives as parallel realities. It is our conscious choice which secret garden we will tend...when we choose not to focus on what is missing from our lives but are grateful for the abundance that's present- love, health, family, friends, work, joys of nature, and personal pursuits that bring us happiness- the wasteland of illusion falls away and we experience heaven on earth."


Jan 17, 2011

Christmas - finally

Back to last month again- Christmas Eve is the day we open presents from Grandma's. So we started the evening at my parents house with dinner and reading and singing about the nativity. Then we opened presents.

Dillon got some legos which he totally loves.

Halle got Polly Pockets which was apparently all she ever wanted. They both also got puzzles.

Then they got to decorate cookies to give to Santa. It's so tough to make sure the frosting makes it all the way to the cookie before your mouth gets involved though, so they were pretty hyper on sugar by the time we were done.

Halle was very thorough with her cookies. I am sure Santa got a mouthful of everything on hers.

Then we went home to open the other Grandma's presents. They are in Vermont right now so we got theirs in the mail. She always gives the grandkids jammies every year which we always appreciate.
Here they are in the jammies - and one last present before bed. In my previous post, I mentioned that I made super soft blankets for them. I was actually finishing them earlier that day at my mom's house while they played upstairs. That was cutting it close.
Dillon is testing to see how soft it really is.
If he's not careful, Daddy might steal it. It does have a D on it after all.

Christmas Morning:
Santa found us, and GUESS WHAT HE BROUGHT! "Spinny" toothbrushes! They were so excited about the toothbrushes that we almost forgot about the other presents under the tree or even whatever else was in their stockings. I can't believe Santa was so generous.
They also got a Hex Bug track which occupies the whole family in mind-numbing entertainment.
Lastly, they got tons and tons of Legos which also occupies the whole family but mostly it can keep Dillon busy for literally hours. It's amazing to watch him because after he's built something the first time and the pieces get mixed back in to the bucket, he can pull a piece out later and tell you what set it goes to.
They actually talked to Santa a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving while we were in Utah, but it fits with the rest of my post. I stood in line with the kids and Halle insisted that she didn't want anything to do with it. I didn't need her to melt down again in front of Santa Claus so I said we were just there so Dillon could visit with him. She was fine with that.

However, when it was their turn to go up to him, Santa grabbed Halle as we were walking up and put her on his knee before she had any chance to object. I held my breath but she didn't freak out and she actually humored him for a little bit. He was great with the kids and she must have felt that.