"Both abundance and lack of abundance exist simultaneously in our lives as parallel realities. It is our conscious choice which secret garden we will tend...when we choose not to focus on what is missing from our lives but are grateful for the abundance that's present- love, health, family, friends, work, joys of nature, and personal pursuits that bring us happiness- the wasteland of illusion falls away and we experience heaven on earth."


Jan 3, 2011

Halle's birthday

Ok, here goes. I obviously didn't even get close to my goal of catching up before the end of last weekend, but if I take it one event at a time I should make it eventually.

Halle's birth came as a surprise to us because we were expecting her to show up in the middle of January and she was born a week after Thanksgiving. So every year is a rush to get ready for her birthday as soon as Thanksgiving is over. Maybe one year I will eventually learn and prepare for it in October.

Grandma, who is currently in Vermont, called and sang Happy Birthday to her just as we were finishing dinner. She thought that was awesome.


Among her gifts this year was a pettiskirt I made for her. She doesn't look too surprised because she saw me making part of it and I had to have her try it on.

She also got a Mobigo - a little handheld video game thing for younger kids. She loves it.

Here's the best shot of her skirt while she's wearing it - she wouldn't turn away from her Mobigo.

There are a few birthdays that are big deals at our house, and number 5 is one of them so she got to have a big party with friends this year. We had a princess party since who knows if this is the only one I will ever get to do.

Mary was a good sport and came and did the girls hair.
Angie was wonderful and helped paint their nails fancy and helped them with their necklaces.
Here's my beautiful mom helping with "crowd control" as they color their princess booklets.

Anneka was also there helping which was wonderful.

And of course once we were all ready, we had to have some place to go. Halle is the shorty in the middle, but to give her credit, she is younger than all but one of them. Cousins Abbie and Samantha are missing from the picture but they were there as well.So I pulled some strings and the people at the hospital cafeteria made little sandwiches and cupcakes for me. And I showed up before the party and got the table ready for them.

Halle was completely surprised. In her profound excitement, she couldn't believe that the hospital set that table up "just for us!"

She has eaten there for many meals with me, so she was familiar with the place. However, many of the girls were worried they would have to witness a surgery or a baby being born since they were eating at a hospital. My mom got an earful of medical discussions on the way over because she was transporting most of them in her car. It was truly hilarious.

Thanks, Angie, for the pictures. And thanks, Halle, for letting me play princess with you. I had a lot of fun and I hope you did too.