"Both abundance and lack of abundance exist simultaneously in our lives as parallel realities. It is our conscious choice which secret garden we will tend...when we choose not to focus on what is missing from our lives but are grateful for the abundance that's present- love, health, family, friends, work, joys of nature, and personal pursuits that bring us happiness- the wasteland of illusion falls away and we experience heaven on earth."


Oct 30, 2008

One of those days

My sister-in-law, Emily, usually has the trump card when it comes to crazy kid stories, but I just had to share this one in case anyone was feeling like they were having a bad day. Halle was refusing to take her nap today, so I offered to let her sleep on our bed which she always agrees to. But when I took her in to our room, I noticed I hadn't finished putting away the laundry, so I moved the sorted piles to one half of the bed and left her on the other side.

Two hours later when I checked on her, I couldn't find her. She was buried deep in a pile of every piece of laundry that had just been washed and sorted. I finally uncovered her and she was wearing Neal's socks and was in the process of trying on his basketball shorts which was pretty hilarious. But the best part was, in the middle of this dress up event she had wet her pants and needless to say . . . I am still doing laundry.