"Both abundance and lack of abundance exist simultaneously in our lives as parallel realities. It is our conscious choice which secret garden we will tend...when we choose not to focus on what is missing from our lives but are grateful for the abundance that's present- love, health, family, friends, work, joys of nature, and personal pursuits that bring us happiness- the wasteland of illusion falls away and we experience heaven on earth."


Mar 7, 2011

A couple of conversations

Our kids are constantly cracking us up. Here are a couple of conversations we've had recently.

Me: "Halle, how is it possible that you have caught yet another cold?"
Neal: "It's because she's kissing the boys at preschool."
Halle: "I am dead seriously, daddy, that I am NOT kissing the boys!"

Dillon: "How is your salsa, Daddy"
Neal: "It's spicy"
Dillon: "And you still like it????" (with a very confused look on his face)

What I didn't tell Neal was the conversation I had earlier that day at the grocery store where Dillon said that hot Cheetos were just for adults, and I said hot Cheetos were for people who weren't very smart. I tend to forget how literal this kid is and I get myself into trouble sometimes.